Unleash potential.Copper connects the world. In technologies, such as eMobility, energy and data transfer, refrigeration and air conditioning technology, digitalization and the Internet of Things. And in everything that has yet to be innovated today, but will need copper tomorrow.
- 200 YearsSuccess
5 years to be there
Wieland Rolled Products is hiring for a Production Planner at our facility in East Alton, IL. The primary focus of this role is to plan workflow of production schedules to achieve customer delivery requirements, ensure efficient utilization of production capacities and manage inventory levels within targeted cost budgets.
Production Planner Responsibilities:
- Develops detailed production schedules to establish sequencing and lead times necessary to meet customer shipping commitments. Monitors, analyzes & reports performance to schedule to ensure successful execution and necessary counter measure implementation.
- Leads Manufacturing teams in production resource planning and support activities. Provides oversight of labor schedules, factory calendar and material requirements necessary to achieve master production schedule and efficiency targets.
- Maintains integrity and accuracy of Execution & Control systems via transactional monitoring and conformance reporting. Enhances these systems and other business tools through continual process improvements.
- Monitors and controls inventory levels to support customer demand and ensure alignment with master plans & business guidelines. Directs and oversees activities of physical inventory count and preparations, as well as continual process improvements.
- Develops skillset and cross-functional knowledge of the Organization, applied toward system level improvements that achieve Wieland performance targets in the key areas of service levels, inventory investments, and operational efficiencies.
Production Planner Qualifications:
- Degree in Business or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years experience or equivalent manufacturing planning or supervision experience. A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and product flow.
- Strong communication and leadership skills with hands on experience in manufacturing environment.
- APICS certification and/or Lean/Pull System training strongly recommended.
What Wieland offers:
- Competitive wages
- 401k contribution + match
- Paid vacation and Holidays
- Wellness Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Disability & Life
- Tuition Reimbursement
Who We Are:
Wieland is one of the world's leading suppliers of semi-finished copper and copper alloy products. We provide a large product and service portfolio including power, automotive, ammunition, coinage, construction materials, refrigeration, electronics and many other industries. To us, metal is more than material.
Copper connects the world and brings people together who share this passion. Wieland’s culture is what makes a fun and rewarding place, as a company we benefit daily from our employees knowledge and abilities. The success of our company is based on the dedication and expertise of each and every one of our employees. We can rely on this, and have been doing so for nearly 200 years. We provide our employees with their own, personal creative space they need and our unconditional support. At Wieland, everyone can contribute and share in the development of Wieland’s future. Wieland employees embody our values - respect, ambition, reliability, diversity, optimism, and ownership
Wieland is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Come join Wieland today and help us continue to build a global corporation we are all proud to belong to.