Procurement Executive (Contract)
Unleash potential.Copper connects the world. In technologies, such as eMobility, energy and data transfer, refrigeration and air conditioning technology, digitalization and the Internet of Things. And in everything that has yet to be innovated today, but will need copper tomorrow.
- 200 YearsSuccess
5 years to be there
We are a subsidiary of the Wieland Group based in Singapore, with a state-of-the-art cold rolling mill as well as high-performance slitting and milling lines. We offer a broad portfolio of copper and high-performance alloy strips for the Asian customers. You can find further information here: Wieland Singapore.
(A) Procurement & monitoring delivery commitment
- Receive purchase requisitions, create purchase orders and submit timely to supplier in order for the material to arrive on time.
- Ensure the purchasing price, payment term and lead time are correct and updated accurately in system as per agreement
- Update system for all purchase orders, shipping data, goods receipt and invoice verification
- Generate commercial invoice, packing list and inspection certificate for re-invoiced raw materials
- Ensure that the air freight cost is approved, charged accordingly to the agreement. Comply to guideline set forth by Finance and with the supporting documents (AAF, forwarder’s invoice), submit to Finance department
- Provide critical information about material delay/shortage to respective user department
- Create new material numbers in system and liaised with QA for the quality related data for raw material
- Arrange incoming containers and coordinate with supplier and forwarders to receive the shipments details. Follow-up with the forwarders on the shipping documents e.g. Bill of Lading. Internal coordination for receipt of the incoming cargo.
(B) Supplier Claim Management
- Process the supplier claims periodically; EAFs, Insurance and Quality. Verify the quantity and cost of defective material to be claimed back are correct.
- Liaise with supplier for credit note and submit to Finance timely with the relevant information updated in SAP system
(C) New Supplier Development and Qualification
- Conduct sourcing for new suppliers or articles upon request of user department or superior
- Review tenders, supplier’s terms and conditions
- Negotiate with the potential suppliers
- Evaluate supplier jointly with User & Quality Departments
(D) Monitoring Performance and Re-evaluation of existing suppliers
- Measure the Supplier’s OTD; quantity delivery performance and translates the result into monthly Vendor Rating Report for review
- Perform supplier re-evaluation periodically and ensure all required information, documentation; such as ISO Certificate, ICP test result are provided by suppliers
- Perform regular benchmarks, sourcing activities to ensure a continuous cost control
- Monitor and renew running contracts
- To orientate, prepare training schedule, assign job responsibilities
- To create ISO Awareness 9001, Quality Policy, FMEA, departmental procedures and work instruction
- Back up in Hotel Booking for visitors
- Back up in Flight Booking for staff in accordance of travel policy
- Ensure daily procurement functions in accordance of ISO procedures.
- Be a mentor, provide guidance, training new join and new process to the team
- Identify area of improvement in procurement process and update changes in the ISO procedures
- Able to lead project and collaborate with other department in order the project can be completed in the stipulate time frame
- Extract data from system and consolidate information for management reporting
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management
- Diploma with at least 8 - 10 years relevant experience OR Degree with at least 2 - 3 years of relevant experience in Procurement, preferably in metal industry
- Able to work independently with good positive attitude and ability to self motivate and motivate others
- Team leader, innovative and able collaborates well with others
- Strong in negotiation and communication skills in oral and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft office Applications
- Preferably with SAP experience
- Shipping knowledge for incoming shipment clearance will be preferred
- Sales related experience in Metal Industry will be an added advantage
- Health insurance plan: Comprehensive medical benefit plan for employee and dependents.
- Well-being: Variety of social and health-related activities for employees.
- Multicultural environment: Work in a multicultural environment, with colleagues of diversified backgrounds.