Assistant Electrical Engineer
Copper connects the world. In technologies, such as eMobility, energy and data transfer, refrigeration and air conditioning technology, digitalization and the Internet of Things. And in everything that has yet to be innovated today, but will need copper tomorrow.
Wieland stands for diversity and equal opportunities - for this reason, we look forward to receiving individual applications regardless of age, gender, nationality, religion, or ethnic and social background.
- 200 YearsSuccess
5 years to be there
We are a subsidiary of the Wieland Group based in Singapore, with a state-of-the-art cold rolling mill as well as high-performance slitting and milling lines. We offer a broad portfolio of copper and high-performance alloy strips for the Asian customers. You can find further information here: Wieland Singapore.
- Execute Preventive & Proactive maintenance of Electrical systems and monitoring of status of machines.
- Attend to Equipment breakdowns, Servicing and Troubleshooting of Plant Equipments and Machineries.
- Conducting root cause analysis into failures of machines, exchanging or repairing spare parts, liaising with vendors and ensuring post-repair efficiency.
- Involved in the installation of new Equipments during plant expansion.
- Carry out Equipment improvement projects and modifications.
- Assist and support Spare parts management, procurement and also maintaining minimum spares to reduce breakdown time.
- Familiar with safe work procedures.
- Responsible for safe practices LOTO when executing required task in the plant.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Member of the WSH team and company emergency response team.
- Performs 5S / Housekeeping in work area.
- Participate in various CIP program and TPM in the plant.
- Assist with on-the-job training program for production staff
- Diploma in Electrical / Electronics Engineering and minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Familiar with automatic control engineering
- Good knowledge of Siemens PLC S5 and S7
- Knowledge in frequency converters, Siemens Masterdrives and Micromaster
- Knowledge of MS Office is a must, SAP will be an added advantage
- Ability to read complex circuit diagrams
- Basic knowledge in mechanics, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Strong personality with a hands-on attiude
- Ability to work rotating shift and perform overtime on weekdays & weekends
- Self- motivated, flexible and capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Health insurance plan: Comprehensive medical benefit plan for employee and dependents.
- Well-being: Variety of social and health-related activities for employees.
- Multicultural environment: Work in a multicultural environment, with colleagues of diversified backgrounds.